We represent clients of all sizes, across industry, as well as foreign missions,
government entities and INGOs.
Business Crimes and Compliances
Good faith and trust is the ground works of doing business. However, there is no guarantee that every businessman follows these groundwork.
In our era of globalization and rapid growth of technology, business crimes mostly do not limit to borders of one state, but expand to other countries as well. The manner of trans-nationality of business crimes may affect significantly subsidiaries or parent companies, and several authorities may conduct investigations.
With thorough understanding of laws and procedures and professional connections with authorities, MLF represent and protect clients’ interest in criminal, civil, and commercial investigations. Our lawyers’ expertise is included but not limited to:
- Responding to criminal investigations and defending proceedings against individuals and companies;
- Advising individuals or companies on investigations and proceeding of regulatory or other authorities;
- Providing support during searches and seizures at home and abroad;
- Gathering of information for criminal investigations and inspection of files;
- Designing and implementing compliance programs;
- Reviewing compliance rules;
- Providing legal assistance in dawn raids;
- Anti-corruption, fraud and misappropriation of funds;
- Accounting offenses;
- Insolvency offences;
- Export control and embargoes;
- Work and labor offenses;
- Cartel and fair trade offenses; and
- Tax and customs offenses;